As a Greater Ottawa Home Builders Association (GOHBA) member, Vala Home Improvements has agreed to operate its firm in accordance with the spirit and intent of the GOHBA By-Laws and Code of Ethics.
CODE OF ETHICS
- Members shall comply with the Ontario Building Code as a minimum standard forconstruction and shall work toward its improvement in the interests of structural sufficiency, safety and health.
- Members shall plan their sites and homes to conform to the principles of good community planning.
- Members shall deal honestly and fairly with their customers.
- Members shall co-operate to extend the effectiveness of the Association by interchanging information and experience, and encourage research on materials and techniques in order to provide better homes at a lower cost.
- Members shall uphold the principle of appropriate, timely and adequate compensation for the services which they render and which they receive.
- Members shall deal justly with their employees, subcontractors and suppliers;
- Members shall avoid advertising which tends to mislead customers, depreciate competitors, or generally bring the reputation of the industry into disrepute;
- Members shall uphold the professional image and reputation of the Association, avoiding all conduct or practice likely to discredit or do injury to the residential construction industry.
- Members shall not make frivolous or false complaints against other members.
- Members shall treat other members with professional respect and shall not engage in defamation of another member’s professional capabilities.
- Members shall not accept or request payments, commissions or “finder’s fees” for referrals given to clients or prospective clients, nor shall members accept or request fees for the right to bid or work on a project.
Please follow us: